Therapy We Provide
Mental health therapy uses dialogue to work through a range of mental health conditions. Therapy techniques vary depending on patient and need, but all fall under a general umbrella of “talking therapy,” referring to conversations between patient and physician during one-on-one sessions.
What are the benefits of therapy?
Therapy helps patients live with thoughts, behaviors, stresses, symptoms, traumatic memories or goals.
Additional benefits of therapy:
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Deal with grief, anger, and fear
- Learn to cope with symptoms of mental health conditions, such as anxiety or depression
- Feel understood, supported and heard
- Practice speaking about problems
- Grasp personal issues
- Strengthen self-confidence
- Pin-point subjects or memories that cause disruptive thinking patterns
- Find new, healthy behavioral patterns
- Heal emotional pain from the past
- Build or strengthen relationship skills
What are the types of therapy?
Depending on the patient’s current mental health state, needs and goals, several types of therapy are available. The most commonly prescribed are the following:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – train new thought and behavioral patterns for healthier living
- Interpersonal therapy – express personal emotions in order to foster relationships
- Family therapy – communicate amongst the family unit to promote a safe a healing experience for family members experience mental health conditions and those aiding (or simply existing) in the recovery process
- Psychodynamic therapy – understand the root causes of actions, emotions, and thoughts
- Art therapy – express and release emotion
- Psychoeducation – understand mental health conditions and how to get through them healthily ot be prescribed.
Sometimes, more than one of the listed therapies will be recommended for adequate healing in a patient. Be sure to work with your physician or counselor to determine the best approach(es) for your mental health goals.
Many types of patients are good candidates for mental health therapy. Reach out to Strategic Mental Health to find out which approach is best for you.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT CALL: