What are family therapy services?
In bringing the family through hardship and closer together, therapies used include focussing on individual differentiation, strengthening the family system by joining all members, uncovering hidden or unconscious communication and using homework to change the way family members interact.
What are the benefits of family therapy counseling?
Family counseling can help sooth one specific problem, but it tends to have a large, more holistic effect creates a stronger bond and function within a family as time goes on. As individual members listen to other family members and learn how to communicate and solve problems, an indestructible template for overcoming obstacles is slowly created.
Benefits of family therapy counseling include:
- Anger management and conflict coping
- Better problem solving
- Brings the family together post-crisis
- Boundary definition and respect amongst members
- Communication skills, including honesty and transparency
- Conflict resolution
- Development of family support
- Forgiveness between individuals
- Forming bridges for members who have been otherwise isolated